hello, I am lord falconis. When I first started map games, i noticed there was no good guide to map gaming. Today I will show you the ropes of map gaming.
By the way, I tend to use visual editor. And so this is for that. If you need help to get there, find fandom's article on it.
A few terms defined:
- Algorithm: an algorithm is a set of instructions that determines success in military battles.
- Mapmaker: this person is the one who makes edits to the map so that players can see the movements.
- Pages/articles: anything on the wiki, plus its talk page. (Created by hitting "contribute" at the top.
- Talk pages: connected to its respective article, used for discussion of the article. (See footnote 1)
- Althistory: another, separate wiki on wikia, also short for alternative history.
- Point of divergence: when a map game splits of the real world. (If it's althistory)
- Rules: if you really need it defined, instructions to play the game (see footnote 2)
- Wikitext: used for special fonts on wikia. (See "wikitext" below)
- Pixels: for map game purposes, they are little squares on maps that are used for measurements.
A map game usually consists of 4 parts:
- The rules: instructions on how it is to be played (see footnote 2)
- Sign up sheet: lists the nations that you can play as
- The map: a visual representation of the events in the game, edited only by the mapmaker
- The turns: where you can say what your nation
Wikitext: to link to another page, use two ['S, then a thing should popup saying "link". Type in the name of the article. To use separate different sections with bold text, use ==, then your text, then == . To create a signature, use -~~~~.
(Any additions to the rules go here:)
Examples for looking at are here: map games
Footnote 1: talk pages are accessible by clicking "talk" by the top "edit" sign (not accessible from mobile sites (see footnote 3)
Footnote 2: rules are usually defined in the map game article
Footnote 3: to get out of the mobile site, click "full site" on the bottom of the page
Hope you liked my guide, lord falconis.